CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips as gold miners, SNC-Lavalin weigh
TORONTO, Oct 16 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Wednesday, as gold miners slumped and a sharply lower earnings revision by SNC-Lavalin Group Inc hit industrial stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 13.61 points, or 0.1 percent at 12,917.85, shortly after the open. Four of the index's 10 main groups were in negative territory.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |