Dollar edges higher vs yen on hopes for U.S. debt deal
SINGAPORE Oct 16 (Reuters) - The dollar edged higher against the yen in Asia on Wednesday after a U.S. Senate source said Senate leaders could announce a deal within hours to raise the debt limit and re-open the government.
The dollar was last up 0.4 percent on the day at 98.57 yen , having stood at around 98.40 yen or so before the news reached the market.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote