Dollar pares gains vs yen, aides say no debt deal Tuesday
The dollar pared some of its gains against the yen in Asia on Wednesday after aides said U.S. Senate leaders will not announce a deal on Tuesday on a bill to raise the debt ceiling.
The dollar slipped from around 98.50 yen and last stood at 98.38 yen, up 0.2 percent on the day but down from an earlier intraday high near 98.63 yen.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain