America Movil undecided on future of its KPN stake-Slim spokesman
MEXICO CITY Oct 16 (Reuters) - America Movil has not decided whether to sell its shares in Dutch telecom KPN or keep them, a spokesman for billionaire Carlos Slim told Reuters on Wednesday.
America Movil had accumulated nearly 30 percent of KPN's stock and had sought to buy the rest of the company in a 7.2 billion euro ($9.5 billion) offer.
The Mexican company's position was diluted, however, when KPN's foundation acted to block that offer at the end of August.
Selling the shares "is an option, as is keeping them," said Arturo Elias, the main spokesman for Slim's companies, in an interview.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image