Japan's Idemitsu shuts Chiba CDU after small fire
TOKYO Oct 17 (Reuters) - Japanese oil refiner Idemitsu Kosan Co Ltd said it had shut the 220,000 barrel per day (bpd) sole No.2 crude distillation unit (CDU) at Chiba refinery, east of Tokyo, on Wednesday morning after a small fire near the unit.
The fire was extinguished soon after and there were no injuries, a company spokesman said on Thursday. A restart date has not been set but the company plans to resume operations of the CDU soon, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Paul Tait)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner