STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Cade approves Mubadala, Trafigura deal on MMX port
Brazil's antitrust regulator Cade approved a deal giving Dutch energy firm Trafigura Beheer BV and Mubadala Development Co control of the iron ore port MMX Porto Sudeste Ltda, formerly controlled by tycoon Eike Batista, Brazil's official gazette reported on Wednesday.
The $996 million agreement to give the two firms 65 percent of the port is needed to reduce Batista's debt load and secure investment in the port slated to start operating by mid-2014.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media