America Movil undecided on future of its KPN stake: Slim spokesman
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - America Movil has not decided whether to sell its shares in Dutch telecom KPN or keep them, a spokesman for billionaire Carlos Slim told Reuters on Wednesday.
America Movil had accumulated nearly 30 percent of KPN's stock and had sought to buy the rest of the company in a 7.2 billion euro ($9.5 billion) offer.
The Mexican company's position was diluted, however, when KPN's foundation acted to block that offer at the end of August.
Selling the shares "is an option, as is keeping them," said Arturo Elias, the main spokesman for Slim's companies, in an interview.
(Reporting by Elinor Comlay, Tomas Sarmiento and Simon Gardner)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East