Boehner: U.S. House Republicans will not block Senate fiscal plan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives John Boehner said on Wednesday that his chamber will not block the Senate plan to end the government shutdown and raise the federal debt.
In a brief statement, Boehner said his Republican lawmakers would continue the fight against President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul and for fiscal responsibility.
"But," Boehner added, "blocking the bipartisan agreement reached today by members of the Senate will not be a tactic for us."
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |