Emergency fiscal bill clears procedural hurdle in US Senate
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Legislation to avert a U.S. government default and reopen shuttered federal agencies cleared a procedural hurdle on Wednesday in the Senate.
The procedural vote to limit debate on the bill clears the way for the Senate to pass the emergency legislation momentarily and then send it to the House of Representatives for final passage.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing