Emergency fiscal bill clears procedural hurdle in US Senate
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Legislation to avert a U.S. government default and reopen shuttered federal agencies cleared a procedural hurdle on Wednesday in the Senate.
The procedural vote to limit debate on the bill clears the way for the Senate to pass the emergency legislation momentarily and then send it to the House of Representatives for final passage.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan