Emergency fiscal bill clears procedural hurdle in US Senate
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Legislation to avert a U.S. government default and reopen shuttered federal agencies cleared a procedural hurdle on Wednesday in the Senate.
The procedural vote to limit debate on the bill clears the way for the Senate to pass the emergency legislation momentarily and then send it to the House of Representatives for final passage.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist