Iraq's al-Maliki to meet with Obama November 1: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet with Iraq's Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki at the White House on November 1, the White House said on Wednesday.
The meeting comes amid a rising spiral in sectarian violence in Iraq inflamed by the civil war in neighboring Syria.
The violence has killed more than 6,000 people in Iraq this year.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions