Iraq's al-Maliki to meet with Obama November 1: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet with Iraq's Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki at the White House on November 1, the White House said on Wednesday.
The meeting comes amid a rising spiral in sectarian violence in Iraq inflamed by the civil war in neighboring Syria.
The violence has killed more than 6,000 people in Iraq this year.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76