Iraq's al-Maliki to meet with Obama November 1: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet with Iraq's Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki at the White House on November 1, the White House said on Wednesday.
The meeting comes amid a rising spiral in sectarian violence in Iraq inflamed by the civil war in neighboring Syria.
The violence has killed more than 6,000 people in Iraq this year.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk