Xilinx profit rises 15 percent
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Xilinx Inc reported a 15 percent jump in quarterly profit as sales rose in its wired communications, aerospace and defense businesses.
The company's net income rose to $141.5 million, or 49 cents per share in the second quarter, from $123.4 million, or 46 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 10 percent to $598.9 million.
Semiconductor chips made by Xilinx are sold off the shelf and can be programmed by customers.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner