Align Tech beats estimates on strong sales of invisible braces
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Dental products maker Align Technology Inc's quarterly results beat expectations on strong sales of its invisible braces, sending its shares up 13 percent after the bell.
Third-quarter net income was $34.5 million, or 42 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $0.3 million, breakeven on a per share basis, a year earlier.
Revenue rose about 21 percent to $164.5 million, driven by higher sales of Invisalign braces.
Analysts on average expected a profit of 30 cents per share on revenue of $158.6 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Gaza rockets land deep in Israel as it bombards Palestinian enclave |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Both candidates in Indonesia election claim victory; Jokowi ahead in more counts |
- Argentina, Netherlands set for battle, Brazil wonders what happened
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin gets 10 years in corruption case