Spain's BBVA to book cash loss of 120 mln euros on CITIC stake sale
MADRID Oct 17 (Reuters) - Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA will book a cash loss of 120 million euros ($162 million) on the sale of a 5.1 percent stake in its Chinese partner CITIC Bank Corp, the lender said in a presentation on Thursday.
BBVA had earlier said the deal would have a 2.3-billion-euro negative impact on its 2013 profit after its remaining 9.9 percent stake in CITIC was marked to market while it would have a 2.4-billion-euro positive impact on the lender's core tier one capital. ($1 = 0.7412 euros) (Reporting by Julien Toyer; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |