Spain's BBVA to book cash loss of 120 mln euros on CITIC stake sale
MADRID Oct 17 (Reuters) - Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA will book a cash loss of 120 million euros ($162 million) on the sale of a 5.1 percent stake in its Chinese partner CITIC Bank Corp, the lender said in a presentation on Thursday.
BBVA had earlier said the deal would have a 2.3-billion-euro negative impact on its 2013 profit after its remaining 9.9 percent stake in CITIC was marked to market while it would have a 2.4-billion-euro positive impact on the lender's core tier one capital. ($1 = 0.7412 euros) (Reporting by Julien Toyer; Editing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds