Brazil's OSX considers mergers to 'create shareholder value'
SAO PAULO Oct 17 (Reuters) - OSX Brasil SA, the shipbuilder controlled by tycoon Eike Batista, is considering combining with rivals to create value for existing shareholders, according to a securities filing on Thursday.
The company is currently carrying out a review of its business plan to adapt to its "new reality," and is discussing such plan with clients, suppliers, employees and shareholders, the filing said. The company did not mention any potential partners in a corporate combination, or the type of merger it would pursue.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge