Gambling group Rank revenue falls, warns on profit
LONDON Oct 17 (Reuters) - Gambling firm Rank Group warned its first half profit will be lower than last year, dragging down its full-year expectations after revenues fell during the summer and a disappointing performance at its bingo chain Mecca.
Rank, majority-owned by Malaysia's Guoco Group, said it will be taking action to cut costs after like-for-like revenues fell 7 percent in the 15 weeks to Oct. 13.
"The board anticipates operating profit for the full year to be marginally below market expectations," Rank said in a trading statement, forecasting a stronger second half to its financial year.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |