Intuitive Surgical profit falls, da Vinci sales drop
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Intuitive Surgical Inc on Thursday reported lower third-quarter profit as sales of its high-priced da Vinci surgical robots declined sharply.
Intuitive said net profit fell to $157 million, or $3.99 per share, from $183 million, or $4.46 per share, a year ago.
Revenue for the quarter fell 7 percent to $499 million, missing Wall Street estimates of $526 million compiled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company sold 101 da Vinci surgical units in the quarter, down from 155 a year ago and 143 in the second quarter of this year.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'