Intuitive Surgical profit falls, da Vinci sales drop
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Intuitive Surgical Inc on Thursday reported lower third-quarter profit as sales of its high-priced da Vinci surgical robots declined sharply.
Intuitive said net profit fell to $157 million, or $3.99 per share, from $183 million, or $4.46 per share, a year ago.
Revenue for the quarter fell 7 percent to $499 million, missing Wall Street estimates of $526 million compiled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company sold 101 da Vinci surgical units in the quarter, down from 155 a year ago and 143 in the second quarter of this year.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border