Roche CEO knocks back speculation of Novartis merger
ZURICH Oct 17 (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche on Thursday knocked back recent speculation it could merge with cross-town rival Novartis.
"Let me be very clear on that point. Nothing has changed with regard to Roche's position towards Novartis," Chief Executive Severin Schwan told journalists on a call.
"The families Hoffmann and Oeri - which own the majority of Roche's voting shares - have repeatedly stated their commitment to Roche's independence." (Reporting by Caroline Copley)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work