Roche CEO knocks back speculation of Novartis merger
ZURICH Oct 17 (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche on Thursday knocked back recent speculation it could merge with cross-town rival Novartis.
"Let me be very clear on that point. Nothing has changed with regard to Roche's position towards Novartis," Chief Executive Severin Schwan told journalists on a call.
"The families Hoffmann and Oeri - which own the majority of Roche's voting shares - have repeatedly stated their commitment to Roche's independence." (Reporting by Caroline Copley)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack