UnitedHealth says membership increase boosts third quarter profit
Oct 17 (Reuters) - UnitedHealth Group Inc said on Thursday third quarter profits rose helped by the enrollment of an additional 275,000 people in its healthcare plans during the three-month period.
The company reported earnings of $1.57 billion, or $1.53 per share, up from $1.56 billion, or $1.50 per share a year earlier.
Analysts had expected earnings of $1.53 per share for the third quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winning lottery tickets sold in California, Georgia |