Obama to speak on Senate fiscal vote at 8:25 p.m.: White House
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will deliver a statement at 8:25 p.m. (0025 GMT) on Wednesday in the White House press briefing room after the Senate voted to avert a debt default crisis and end a government shutdown, the White House said.
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |
- Europe holds nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles