Verizon posts higher quarterly revenue
NEW YORK Oct 17 (Reuters) - Verizon Communications Inc on Thursday posted quarterly revenue slightly ahead of Wall Street expectations as it added customers to its wireless business.
Verizon reported a profit of $2.2 billion, or 78 cents per share, compared with $1.59 billion, or 56 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue rose to $30.28 billion from $29.01 billion. Wall Street expected $30.16 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport |
- Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash