Russia veteran Herbert to replace Daly as head of BP exploration
LONDON Oct 18 (Reuters) - International oil company BP Plc named Richard Herbert of smaller oil group Talisman Energy as its new head of exploration on Friday, replacing Mike Daly who it said had decided to retire at the end of 2013.
Herbert spent six years in Russia with BP's since dissolved joint venture TNK-BP before joining Talisman in 2009. Until that he had worked for BP for almost two decades.
He will join BP as chief operating officer, exploration, at the end of October, based in London, reporting to Lamar McKay, BP's chief executive for the main upstream part of the business.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack