SoftBank to spend $1.26 bln on majority Brightstar stake
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - SoftBank Corp said on Friday it agreed to pay $1.26 billion for a 57 percent stake in privately held cellphone distributor Brightstar Corp.
After the deal SoftBank, the 80 percent owner of No. 3 U.S. mobile operator Sprint Corp, said Brightstar would become the exclusive provider of handsets to some SoftBank affiliates.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994