China's crude steel output rises 11 pct in Sept on yr
SHANGHAI Oct 18 (Reuters) - China's crude steel output jumped 11 percent to 65.42 million tonnes in September from a year earlier, data from the National Bureau of Statistics showed on Friday.
Steel production was down 1.3 percent from 66.28 million tonnes in August. (Reporting by Ruby Lian and Fayen Wong; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter