ICE monitoring impact of fire at Santos warehouses in Brazil
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - The IntercontinentalExchange Inc is monitoring the impact of a fire at warehouses in Santos, Brazil, and will issue a response when the full impact of the fire is known.
A fire on Friday destroyed up to 300,000 tonnes of sugar and much of the Santos Port warehouses owned by Copersucar. [ID: nL1N0I80CV]
Raw sugar futures on ICE Futures U.S. surged on the news and uncertainty built over potential impact from the damage on a large delivery against the October futures expiry.
The exchange "will respond appropriately when the full impact of the fire can be determined," an ICE spokeswoman told Reuters in an email.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans