US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens higher on earnings boost
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose at the open on Friday, helped by gains in big companies like Google Inc and Morgan Stanley following their results.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 4.11 points, or 0.03 percent, to 15,375.76, the S&P 500 gained 4.81 points, or 0.28 percent, to 1,737.96 and the Nasdaq Composite added 29.58 points, or 0.77 percent, to 3,892.726.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |