US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens higher on earnings boost
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - Wall Street rose at the open on Friday, helped by gains in big companies like Google Inc and Morgan Stanley following their results.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 4.11 points, or 0.03 percent, to 15,375.76, the S&P 500 gained 4.81 points, or 0.28 percent, to 1,737.96 and the Nasdaq Composite added 29.58 points, or 0.77 percent, to 3,892.726.
- Scores possibly exposed to U.S. Ebola patient; four isolated |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Scores possibly exposed to U.S. Ebola patient; four isolated
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold