Amplats to produce 2.3 million ounces in 2013 despite strike
JOHANNESBURG Oct 18 (Reuters) - Anglo American Platinum said on Friday it was sticking to its full-year production target of 2.3 million ounces despite a two-week strike over job cuts at its South African mines.
Amplats, as the platinum unit of Anglo American is known, said group equivalent refined platinum production increased 5 percent in the quarter to end September.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media