TSMC shares open higher on Q3 earnings result
TAIPEI, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Shares of TSMC, the world's biggest contract chip maker, rose 1.4 percent on Friday after it posted a third-quarter profit that beat analyst expectations. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd said its third-quarter net profit rose more than 5 percent from a year earlier, as smartphone makers stocked up on chips for new devices launched during the period.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |