TSMC shares open higher on Q3 earnings result
TAIPEI, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Shares of TSMC, the world's biggest contract chip maker, rose 1.4 percent on Friday after it posted a third-quarter profit that beat analyst expectations. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd said its third-quarter net profit rose more than 5 percent from a year earlier, as smartphone makers stocked up on chips for new devices launched during the period.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |