TSMC shares open higher on Q3 earnings result
TAIPEI, Oct 18 (Reuters) - Shares of TSMC, the world's biggest contract chip maker, rose 1.4 percent on Friday after it posted a third-quarter profit that beat analyst expectations. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd said its third-quarter net profit rose more than 5 percent from a year earlier, as smartphone makers stocked up on chips for new devices launched during the period.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand