Fed's Evans: fiscal austerity undercutting effect of easy Fed policies
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Chicago Federal Reserve Bank President Charles Evans on Friday said the Fed's easy money policies are not leading to fast economic growth "in large part" because of U.S. fiscal austerity.
If government spending were exuberant, the economy would be growing more quickly, as it did in other U.S. recoveries, Evans said. Reductions in government spending are dragging on the economy, he said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image