Sweden halts key nuclear generator restart, goes ahead with other
OSLO (Reuters) - Sweden halted the restart of its 1,400 megawatt Oskarshamn-3 nuclear generator on Saturday but restarted its 1,120 megawatt Forsmark-2 nuclear plant, which will reach normal operations by Sunday evening, their operators said separately.
Oskarshamn-3, the biggest nuclear generator in the Nordics, went offline in early September and its restart has been halted several times because of various problems. This time a leak was discovered in a conduit entry to the generator, OKG, its operator said.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details