Sweden halts key nuclear generator restart, goes ahead with other
OSLO (Reuters) - Sweden halted the restart of its 1,400 megawatt Oskarshamn-3 nuclear generator on Saturday but restarted its 1,120 megawatt Forsmark-2 nuclear plant, which will reach normal operations by Sunday evening, their operators said separately.
Oskarshamn-3, the biggest nuclear generator in the Nordics, went offline in early September and its restart has been halted several times because of various problems. This time a leak was discovered in a conduit entry to the generator, OKG, its operator said.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi; Editing by Alison Williams)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video