Sweden halts key nuclear generator restart, goes ahead with other
OSLO (Reuters) - Sweden halted the restart of its 1,400 megawatt Oskarshamn-3 nuclear generator on Saturday but restarted its 1,120 megawatt Forsmark-2 nuclear plant, which will reach normal operations by Sunday evening, their operators said separately.
Oskarshamn-3, the biggest nuclear generator in the Nordics, went offline in early September and its restart has been halted several times because of various problems. This time a leak was discovered in a conduit entry to the generator, OKG, its operator said.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling