Discover Financial profit falls 7 percent
Oct 21 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 7 percent drop in quarterly profit as it set aside more money to cover future defaults.
Net profit fell to $593 million, or $1.20 per share, in the third quarter, from $637 million, or $1.24 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue, net of interest expense, increased 3 percent to $2.06 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Stomach acid drugs may increase vitamin deficiency risk
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation |