Gannett revenue, profit fall along with advertising sales
Oct 21 (Reuters) - Gannett Co Inc reported a 4 percent slip in third-quarter revenue to $1.25 billion on Monday because of declines in advertising sales, mainly at its newspaper properties.
Publishing revenue dropped 3.6 percent to $858.1 million on a 6 percent decline in advertising revenue.
At its broadcast TV station divisions, total revenue fell 15 percent to $198.5 million because it did not benefit from Olympic or political advertising as it did in the third quarter last year.
Net income for the quarter was $79.7 million, or 34 cents per share, compared with $133.1 million, or 56 cents per share, for the same quarter last year.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote