Hurricane Raymond upgraded to category 3 off Mexico coast
LONDON Oct 21 (Reuters) - Hurricane Raymond has strengthened to category three as it heads towards Mexico's Pacific coast, making it the first major hurricane of the season in the Eastern Pacific, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
The storm was intensifying rapidly with an initial wind speed set at 120 miles per hour, the Miami-based Center said.
(Writing by John Stonestreet)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea