PZ Cussons Nigeria Q1 pre-tax profit up 50 pct
LAGOS Oct 21 (Reuters) - PZ Cussons Nigeria, a unit of the UK-based soap and shampoo maker, said on Monday its first quarter pre-tax profit to August increased by half to 1.26 billion nigerian naira ($7.88 million), from 843.83 million naira a year ago.
Revenue also rose to 15.06 billion naira, compared with 14.39 billion naira in the same period a year ago, the company said in a filing with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
PZ Cussons said the report covers the period from June to August 2013. Nigeria, Africa's most populous country, accounts for around a third of PZ Cussons' total revenue.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections