Syria's Assad says no date set for Geneva 2 peace conference
BEIRUT Oct 21 (Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said on Monday there was no date set for a long-delayed international conference aimed at ending the country's civil war.
"There is no date so far ... And current factors do not help in holding it," Assad told Al Mayadeen television. The conference is known as the Geneva 2 conference.
"Many questions about this conference are still on the table."
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning