DuPont revenue rises on demand for plastics, solar panel parts
Oct 22 (Reuters) - U.S. chemical maker DuPont's third-quarter revenue rose 5 percent in part due to higher sales of solar panel parts and performance materials.
Revenue rose to $7.74 billion from $7.39 billion a year earlier.
Net income rose to $285 million from $5 million a year earlier, when the company recorded charges related to severance and restructuring.
Profit was 30 cents on a per share basis for the latest reported quarter.
Performance materials business makes plastics used in array of industries including packaging, adhesives and sporting goods.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Divers enter capsized South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors |