DuPont revenue rises on demand for plastics, solar panel parts
Oct 22 (Reuters) - U.S. chemical maker DuPont's third-quarter revenue rose 5 percent in part due to higher sales of solar panel parts and performance materials.
Revenue rose to $7.74 billion from $7.39 billion a year earlier.
Net income rose to $285 million from $5 million a year earlier, when the company recorded charges related to severance and restructuring.
Profit was 30 cents on a per share basis for the latest reported quarter.
Performance materials business makes plastics used in array of industries including packaging, adhesives and sporting goods.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |