Profit at Finnish drug maker Orion hit by generic competition
HELSINKI Oct 21 (Reuters) - Finnish drug maker Orion reported a 12 percent fall in third-quarter operating profit on Tuesday due to increased price competition following the expiration of its Parkinson's drug patents.
Orion reported a quarterly operating profit of 67 million euros ($91.6 million), down from 76 million euros a year earlier and in line with the market's average forecast.
Quarterly sales fell 4 percent from a year earlier to 237 million euros, below an expected 245 million euros. ($1 = 0.7312 euros) (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando, Editing by Patrick Lannin)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source