Insurer Travelers to buy back up to $5 bln in shares
Oct 22 (Reuters) - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc said it would buy back an additional $5 billion of its shares under a new program.
The company said the buy back was in addition to the $759 million that remained from previous repurchase plans as of Sept. 30.
Travelers reported flat third-quarter net income of $864 million. On a per share basis, earnings increased to $2.30 per share from $2.21 per share a year earlier.
Travelers, a Dow Jones industrial average component, reported operating earnings of $2.35 per share.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions