United Tech posts profit gain, raises low end of earnings outlook
Oct 22 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp, the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, on Tuesday said its quarterly net profit increased slightly, helped by gains across most of its segments.
The diversified manufacturer also raised the low end of its full-year earnings outlook, but lowered its revenue forecast for the year.
The company, which also makes Pratt & Whitney jet engines and Black Hawk helicopters, said third-quarter net income rose to $1.43 billion, or $1.57 per share, from $1.42 billion, or $1.56 per share, a year earlier, including discontinued operations.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |