United Tech posts profit gain, raises low end of earnings outlook
Oct 22 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp, the world's largest maker of elevators and air conditioners, on Tuesday said its quarterly net profit increased slightly, helped by gains across most of its segments.
The diversified manufacturer also raised the low end of its full-year earnings outlook, but lowered its revenue forecast for the year.
The company, which also makes Pratt & Whitney jet engines and Black Hawk helicopters, said third-quarter net income rose to $1.43 billion, or $1.57 per share, from $1.42 billion, or $1.56 per share, a year earlier, including discontinued operations.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source