Akamai profit rises 65 pct, shares jump
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Akamai Technologies Inc, whose products help to move content quickly over the Internet, reported a 65 percent rise in profit as mobile activity and app downloads increased after Apple Inc launched its iOS 7 platform.
Akamai's shares rose about 9 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $80 million, or 44 cents per share, in the third quarter, from $48 million, or 27 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 50 cents per share.
Revenue rose 15 percent to $396 million. (Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee and Chandni Doulatramani in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking