Italy's Generali denies reports of interest in RSA
MILAN Oct 23 (Reuters) - Italian insurer Generali denied a report in the British press on Wednesday that it could be interested in RSA Insurance.
"Generali denies rumours of an approach for RSA Insurance," a spokesman said.
RSA shares were rising 2.6 percent in London amid talk that European insurance giants such as Generali and Zurich were casting their eye over the firm, which could lead to a near 7 billion pounds ($11.35 billion) approach.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |