US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P 500 snaps four-session winning streak on earnings
NEW YORK Oct 23 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks fell on Wednesday as shares of Caterpillar and a group of chipmakers tumbled after they reported earnings, ending the S&P 500's four-session streak of record highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 54.46 points, or 0.35 percent, at 15,413.20. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 8.31 points, or 0.47 percent, at 1,746.36. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 22.49 points, or 0.57 percent, at 3,907.07.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief