RPT-Telenor buys Tele2 fiber and cable business in Sweden
(Repeats without changes to cover additional alert)
STOCKHOLM Oct 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian telecoms group Telenor said on Wednesday it has agreed to acquire Tele2's fiber and cable television business in Sweden for a total of 775 million Swedish crowns ($122 million).
It said the acquisition, which includes a portfolio of nearly 400,000 households, would contribute significantly to strengthen its position as a leading provider of fixed broadband and television.
"This topic is priority for us and our new customers and employees will play a vital role in our business going forward," Lars-Ake Norling, CEO of Telenor Sweden, said in a statement.
All 68 employees will be transferred to Telenor.
($1 = 6.3715 Swedish crowns)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand