RPT-Telenor buys Tele2 fiber and cable business in Sweden
(Repeats without changes to cover additional alert)
STOCKHOLM Oct 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian telecoms group Telenor said on Wednesday it has agreed to acquire Tele2's fiber and cable television business in Sweden for a total of 775 million Swedish crowns ($122 million).
It said the acquisition, which includes a portfolio of nearly 400,000 households, would contribute significantly to strengthen its position as a leading provider of fixed broadband and television.
"This topic is priority for us and our new customers and employees will play a vital role in our business going forward," Lars-Ake Norling, CEO of Telenor Sweden, said in a statement.
All 68 employees will be transferred to Telenor.
($1 = 6.3715 Swedish crowns)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat