RPT-Telenor buys Tele2 fiber and cable business in Sweden
(Repeats without changes to cover additional alert)
STOCKHOLM Oct 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian telecoms group Telenor said on Wednesday it has agreed to acquire Tele2's fiber and cable television business in Sweden for a total of 775 million Swedish crowns ($122 million).
It said the acquisition, which includes a portfolio of nearly 400,000 households, would contribute significantly to strengthen its position as a leading provider of fixed broadband and television.
"This topic is priority for us and our new customers and employees will play a vital role in our business going forward," Lars-Ake Norling, CEO of Telenor Sweden, said in a statement.
All 68 employees will be transferred to Telenor.
($1 = 6.3715 Swedish crowns)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead