Goldman Sachs hires new Asia Pacific e-trading head from Citi: memo
HONGKONG (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs (GS.N) has hired Ian M. Smith from Citigroup (C.N) as head of GS Electronic Trading in Asia-Pacific, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
Smith joins Goldman as a managing director and will be responsible for improving the firm's electronic trading offering in the region.
Investors globally increasingly prefer to trade shares online, rather than over the telephone. Banks are investing in technology to try and capture more market share as revenues from traditional broking tumble.
A Goldman Sachs spokeswoman confirmed the contents of the memo.
(Reporting by Lawrence White; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter