Nielsen profit jumps 28 percent as TV ratings demand rises
(Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV (NLSN.N) reported a 28 percent rise in third-quarter profit due to higher demand for the company's analytics services and growth in its television ratings business.
Net income attributable to Nielsen stockholders rose to $134 million, or 35 cents per share, in the quarter ended September 30, from $105 million, or 29 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 50 cents per share.
Revenue rose nearly 4 percent to $1.39 billion on a constant currency basis.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |