Nielsen profit jumps 28 percent as TV ratings demand rises
(Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV (NLSN.N) reported a 28 percent rise in third-quarter profit due to higher demand for the company's analytics services and growth in its television ratings business.
Net income attributable to Nielsen stockholders rose to $134 million, or 35 cents per share, in the quarter ended September 30, from $105 million, or 29 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 50 cents per share.
Revenue rose nearly 4 percent to $1.39 billion on a constant currency basis.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data