Nielsen profit jumps 28 percent as TV ratings demand rises
(Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV (NLSN.N) reported a 28 percent rise in third-quarter profit due to higher demand for the company's analytics services and growth in its television ratings business.
Net income attributable to Nielsen stockholders rose to $134 million, or 35 cents per share, in the quarter ended September 30, from $105 million, or 29 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 50 cents per share.
Revenue rose nearly 4 percent to $1.39 billion on a constant currency basis.
(Reporting by Soham Chatterjee; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor