Boehner says he might bring up immigration reform this year
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives speaker John Boehner on Wednesday held out the possibility that he might bring U.S. immigration legislation to the floor by the end of the year.
Asked at a question-and-answer session with reporters if he intends to bring up immigration reform this year, Boehner, a Republican, replied: "I still think that immigration reform is an important subject that needs to be addressed and I am hopeful."
(Reporting David Lawder and Caren Bohan; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source