Boehner says he might bring up immigration reform this year
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives speaker John Boehner on Wednesday held out the possibility that he might bring U.S. immigration legislation to the floor by the end of the year.
Asked at a question-and-answer session with reporters if he intends to bring up immigration reform this year, Boehner, a Republican, replied: "I still think that immigration reform is an important subject that needs to be addressed and I am hopeful."
(Reporting David Lawder and Caren Bohan; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
Protesters block several main streets in Kiev, responding to calls from opposition leaders to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow