Boehner says he might bring up immigration reform this year
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives speaker John Boehner on Wednesday held out the possibility that he might bring U.S. immigration legislation to the floor by the end of the year.
Asked at a question-and-answer session with reporters if he intends to bring up immigration reform this year, Boehner, a Republican, replied: "I still think that immigration reform is an important subject that needs to be addressed and I am hopeful."
(Reporting David Lawder and Caren Bohan; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |